Pulled Pork Sliders
- For the pork:
- 1 3 -pound Boston butt pork roast
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pimenton (smoked Spanish paprika)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons celery salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mustard powder
- Kosher salt
- 1 12 -ounce bottle beer
- 16 slider rolls, split and toasted
- Coleslaw, for topping
- For the sauce:
- 1 1/2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1 Fresno chile pepper, halved lengthwise (remove seeds for less heat)
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- Kosher salt
Preheat the oven to 225 degrees F. Set the pork on a cutting board and score the fat in a crosshatch pattern, making the cuts about 3/4 inch deep and 1 inch apart. Make the rub: Combine the pimenton, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, brown sugar, celery salt, mustard powder and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt in a small bowl. Massage it into the meat.
Place the pork in a roasting pan and pour the beer into the pan. Cover with foil and roast 3 hours. Check it periodically to make sure everything is going along just fine, and turn the roast over every hour.
Remove the foil and continue roasting until the pork has reached an internal temperature of 190 degrees F, about 1 1/2 more hours. Remove from the oven, cover loosely with foil and let rest 30 minutes.
Sometime during the marathon cooking time, make the sauce: Combine the vinegar, garlic, chile, brown sugar, tomato paste, dijon mustard and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Taste it to make sure it is delicious; set aside. Remove the chile. When the sauce is cool, I recommend putting it in a squeeze bottle for easy use.
Pull the pork into long shreds using 2 forks. Get rid of the fat and anything else that doesn't look delicious. Toss the pork with any residual pan juices and add salt to taste.
Photograph by Charles Masters
More Recipes and Ideas:
Chinese BBQ Pulled Pork Sliders with Pickled Cukes and Carrots and Sweet-and-Hot Mustard Sauce, Pulled Pork Sliders with Mustard BBQ Sauce and Pickled Onions, Sweet and Sour Pork Sliders, Recipes For a Crowd, Pork Shoulder Recipes, Pork Butt Recipes, Pork Chop Recipes, Smoked Pork Recipes, Pork Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.