Baby Spinach Salad with Warm Wild Mushroom and Blueberry Vinaigrette
- 2 pints blueberries, plus more for garnish
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 cups wild mushrooms, trimmed and cleaned
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 head frisee lettuce, chopped
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 cup Marcona almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese (recommended: Point Reyes Blue Cheese)
In a large saucepan, stir together the blueberries, olive oil, red wine vinegar, and red onion. Place the pan over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Stir in the mushrooms and heat for 1 to 2 minutes, until mushrooms are heated through. Turn off the heat. Cover to keep warm.
In a large bowl, toss the frisee and baby spinach together with the warm dressing. Divide the salad among salad plates and top each salad with a sprinkle of almonds, a few crumbles of cheese, and some blueberries. Serve immediately.
Food Network Kitchens have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Aria Kagan
Baby Lamb Chops with Rosemary Parmesan Crust and Barolo Syrup with Scalloped Potatoes and Haricots Verts
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse