Baby Spinach Salad with Warm Wild Mushroom and Blueberry Vinaigrette
- 2 pints blueberries, plus more for garnish
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 cups wild mushrooms, trimmed and cleaned
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 head frisee lettuce, chopped
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 cup Marcona almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese (recommended: Point Reyes Blue Cheese)
In a large saucepan, stir together the blueberries, olive oil, red wine vinegar, and red onion. Place the pan over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Stir in the mushrooms and heat for 1 to 2 minutes, until mushrooms are heated through. Turn off the heat. Cover to keep warm.
In a large bowl, toss the frisee and baby spinach together with the warm dressing. Divide the salad among salad plates and top each salad with a sprinkle of almonds, a few crumbles of cheese, and some blueberries. Serve immediately.
Food Network Kitchens have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.