Better Butter Burger
- Compound Butter:
- 1 pound (4 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Roasted Garlic Aioli:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 11 small cloves garlic, roasted and chopped
- 2 pounds fresh ground beef or four 8-ounce Angus beef patties
- 4 slices cheese
- 4 large burger buns
For the compound butter: Stir together the butter, basil, parsley, tarragon, cayenne and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Spoon the mixture onto a piece of plastic wrap in a 6-inch-long mound. Fold the plastic wrap over the mixture to enclose it, and roll it to form a log about 2 1/2 inches in diameter. Chill until firm, about 2 hours.
For the burgers: Preheat the oven to broil.
Form the ground beef into 4 patties. Stuff a slice of the compound butter inside each and broil the burgers to the desired doneness. Add another slice of the butter to the top of each burger, followed by a slice of cheese. Broil briefly, just until the cheese melts.
Serve on buns with a small mound of the aioli on top of the cheese.
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and may have been scaled down from a bulk recipe. The Food Network Kitchens have not tested it for home use and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.