Better Butter Burger
- Compound Butter:
- 1 pound (4 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Roasted Garlic Aioli:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 11 small cloves garlic, roasted and chopped
- 2 pounds fresh ground beef or four 8-ounce Angus beef patties
- 4 slices cheese
- 4 large burger buns
For the compound butter: Stir together the butter, basil, parsley, tarragon, cayenne and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Spoon the mixture onto a piece of plastic wrap in a 6-inch-long mound. Fold the plastic wrap over the mixture to enclose it, and roll it to form a log about 2 1/2 inches in diameter. Chill until firm, about 2 hours.
For the burgers: Preheat the oven to broil.
Form the ground beef into 4 patties. Stuff a slice of the compound butter inside each and broil the burgers to the desired doneness. Add another slice of the butter to the top of each burger, followed by a slice of cheese. Broil briefly, just until the cheese melts.
Serve on buns with a small mound of the aioli on top of the cheese.
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and may have been scaled down from a bulk recipe. The Food Network Kitchens have not tested it for home use and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Crest Cafe
Recipe courtesy of Daphne Brogdon