- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 onion finely diced
- 2 Idaho potatoes, baked and diced
- 4 cloves garlic, mashed to a paste
- 1 tablespoon smoky paprika
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped parsley leaves
- Fresh cilantro sprigs, for garnish, optional
Heat the oil in a cast iron pan, on the grill or stove, over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until caramelized. Add the potatoes, and garlic and cook until warmed through. Stir in the paprika and parsley and transfer to a serving bowl. Garnish with cilantro sprigs, if desired, and serve.