Spice Rubbed Bahamian Lobster Tail with Red Chile-Coconut Sauce
- Red Chile-Coconut Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 red onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 2 -inch piece fresh garlic, coarsely chopped
- 6 whole chile de arbol, stems removed
- 4 cups lobster or shrimp stock or fish stock
- 1 roasted red pepper, pureed
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Jerk Rubbed Lobster Tails:
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon habanero powder
- 1 teaspoon dry thyme
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 spiny lobster (Bahamian lobster)
- Canola oil
- Fresh cilantro leaves, for garnish
DirectionsRed Chile-Coconut Sauce:
Heat oil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Add the onion and cook until soft. Add the garlic, ginger and chile de arbol and cook for 1 minute.
Add the stock and roasted red pepper puree, and cook until reduced by half. Add the coconut milk and cook again until reduced by half, stirring occasionally. Add the lime juice, honey and cilantro and season with salt and pepper.
Remove from the heat.Jerk Rubbed Lobster Tails:
Whisk together all spices in a medium bowl.
Remove and place in a bowl of ice water. Drain well. Remove the meat
from the tail and cut into 1-inch pieces. Dredge the lobster meat in spices and tap off the excess.
Heat a few tablespoons of oil in a large saute pan over high heat until shimmering. Add the lobster and cook until golden brown on all sides.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.