- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons bourbon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- Cooking spray
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie dough (half of a 15-ounce package)
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- Whipped cream, for serving (optional)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Stir the sugar and corn syrup in a saucepan over medium heat until the sugar melts. Remove from heat. Add the butter and let melt, slowly stirring with a rubber spatula to keep the mixture from getting foamy. Gently stir in the vanilla, bourbon and salt.
Whisk the eggs in a medium bowl. Gradually add the sugar mixture, whisking until incorporated.
Lightly mist four 4-inch individual pie pans with cooking spray. Unfold the pie dough and cut into quarters; press each piece into a pan and crimp the edges with your fingers. Place on a baking sheet. Divide the pecans evenly among the pie shells and pour the filling on top.
Bake the pies until golden and firm, about 45 minutes. Cool completely on a rack, then carefully remove from the pans. Serve with whipped cream, if desired.
Photograph by Yunhee Kim
Click here to enter title
- Click to enter item text. Then, hit 'return' to add additional items.