When I started to think about "cookies and cream" as a flavor, it made me consider "cake shakes" as a milk shake flavor and "pie shakes," meaning I wanted to make milk shakes with some of the components or flavors of some of my cake and pie recipes. Luckily you don't have to make a pecan pie to make this milk shake. You can have all the flavors by adding ingredients that make the flavors of pecan pie.
- 1/2 pint (1 cup) vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) bourbon
- 2 teaspoons cane syrup or molasses
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 cup crumbled shortbread cookies
- 2 tablespoons toasted pecan halves
- Pinch salt
Combine the ice cream, milk, bourbon, cane syrup, honey, cookies, pecans and salt in a bar blender and process to make a shake.