Calamares a La Romana Fried Squid with Aioli
- 4 cups soy oil
- 12 ounces squid bodies, cut into rings
- Flour mix, recipe follows
- 4 ounces Aioli, recipe follows
- Flour Mix:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 whole egg
- 2 tablespoons water, or more as needed
- 4 to 5 drops lemon juice
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves
Fill a deep pot halfway with the oil and heat to 350 degrees F.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The FN chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.Flour Mix:
Mix all the ingredients.Aioli:
Put garlic, water, lemon juice and 1/2 cup olive oil in mixing bowl. Add the remaining olive oil slowly until emulsifies. If too thick, add more water.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.