Chocolate Chocolate Cupcakes with Double Chocolate Frosting
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups coconut milk
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/2 brewed and cooled coffee
- 4 ounces of good quality dark chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- Double Chocolate Frosting:
- Yields: 2 quarts
- 3/4 cup non hydrogenated vegetable shortening
- 1/4 cup non-hydrogenated vegan margarine
- 2 1/2 cups 10x powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 8 ounces chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 -3 tablespoons soymilk, as needed
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, whip shortening and margarine with the paddle attachment until completely combined. Scrape the bottom of the bowl to ensure that all ingredietns are mixed thoroughly. On low speed, slowly add sugar and cocoa powder a little at a time.
- Once the sugar and cocoa are incorporated, add the melted chocolate, vanilla, and soy milk and mix on low until the liquids are incorporated. Scrape the bottom of the bowl, and mix on medium-high speed until all ingredients are combined and frosting is fluffy, about 2 minutes .
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line two 9 inch round cake pans with parchment.
Sift the sugar, flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt into a medium-size bowl. Set the bowl aside. In a small bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, coffee, oil, melted chocolate and vanilla. Add the wet ingredients and whisk until just incorporated. Add vinegar and incorporate. Do not over mix batter.
Distribute batter evenly between cupcake holders or pans. Bake for 20 minutes or until cake springs back to the touch. Place the pans on the cooling rack to cool. Once the cakes are completely cool, run a knife or a plastic dough scraper around the edges of the pan to loosen the cake from the sides. Turn the pan upside to remove the cake
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Chocolate Espresso Cupcakes, Standing Ovation: Sweet Chocolate Port Cupcakes, Port Wine Reduction Syrup, Raspberry Creme Fraiche Filling, French Chocolate Mousse, Death by Chocolate Cupcakes, Shortbread Cookie Recipes, Carrot Cake Recipes, Fruit Dessert, Creme Brulee Recipes, Chocolate Fudge Recipes, Easter Desserts