Creamy Mascarpone Herb Grits
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable stock, plus more if necessary
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups stone ground grits
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
In a 5-quart pot, combine the milk, stock, and garlic. Generously season the mixture with salt. Pour the grits into the cold liquid and bring the mixture to a boil, whisking constantly. Immediately reduce the heat to a simmer and continue to stir until the grits are soft and creamy, at least 20 minutes. If necessary, add more stock to continue cooking the grits. Stir in the butter, mascarpone, and herbs.
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.