Mexican Chicken Stew
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 4 large cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and sliced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried cumin
- 1 (28-ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- Few dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 3 to 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 lime
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- Kosher salt
- Sour cream, for garnish
- Fresh cilantro leaves, for garnish
Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and saute for 1 to 2 minutes. Add garlic and jalapeno and sweat until soft and translucent. Add spices and cook for 1 to 2 minutes until fragrant and aromatic. Add tomatoes, chicken, Worcestershire, and stock.
Bring to a simmer and cook 20 minutes.
Cut the lime in half, squeeze juice into the pot, and then add the juiced halves as well.
Add white rice and cook 5 minutes longer to warm rice through. Season, to taste, with salt.
Ladle into bowls and garnish with sour cream and cilantro.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.