Smashed Potatoes with Sour Cream and Chives
- 1 1/4 pounds Yukon gold potatoes (4 medium) unpeeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth, warmed
- 1/4 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Freshly ground black pepper
Place potatoes in a steamer basket fitted over a large pot of boiling water. Cover and steam for about 15 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
Transfer potatoes to a large bowl. Add the broth, and coarsely mash the potatoes. Stir in the sour cream and chives. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and serve.
Recipe Analysis Note: Recipe Analysis Note: Ingredients without discrete measurements such as "Salt, to taste" or "Ice cream, optional" are omitted from analysis. This is because amounts can be highly variable and difficult to determine.