- 1 pound chorizo, removed from the casings and crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onions
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 corn tortillas
- Optional additional fillings/accompaniments:
- Pico de Gallo
- Roasted corn kernels
- Grated peppered Monterey Jack or Mexican queso blanco
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook until brown and the fat is rendered, about 5 minutes. Add the onions and cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds. Remove from the heat and stir in the cilantro.
Over a hot grill or in a clean skillet over high heat, heat the tortillas until warmed through and pliable. Divide the sausage filling among the warm tortillas and serve with desired accompaniments.
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse, 2001