- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter-flavored shortening (recommended: Crisco)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar, plus 2 tablespoons for dusting
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 24 chocolate sticks (recommended: Mikado)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Combine the butter, shortening, sugar and eggs in the bowl of a mixer. Blend in flour. Form dough into 1-inch balls. Combine 2 tablespoons sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon. Roll the balls in the sugar-cinnamon mixture and bake 8 to 10 minutes. Then place the chocolate sticks inside the cookies so they look like lollipops.
* Guest Recipe
A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.