Banh Mi Bites
- 1 cup chicken or pork mousse pate (10 ounces), at room temperature
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled ginger
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 baguette, split open and cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1/2 lime
- Kosher salt
- 1 large carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 small daikon radish, cut into matchsticks
- Sriracha (Asian chile sauce), for topping
- Fresh cilantro, for topping
Beat the pate, mayonnaise, ginger and soy sauce in a bowl with a mixer until light and airy, 1 to 2 minutes. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Arrange the baguette pieces on a baking sheet and bake until slightly toasted, about 10 minutes; let cool.
Spread some of the pate mixture on each piece of bread; top with Sriracha, the carrot-daikon salad and cilantro.
Photograph by Con Poulos
More Recipes and Ideas:
Banh-mi Wrap: Vietnamese Grilled Pork Wrap with Pickled Carrots and Mint, Vietnamese-Style Marinated and Grilled Pork Poboy (Banh Mi), Mahi Mahi Banh Mi (Vietnamese Sandwiches), Shrimp Cocktail Recipes, Chinese, Asian Noodle Recipes, Cheese Dip Recipes, Christmas Appetizer Recipes, Asian
Thank you! your flag was submitted.