Chicken Parmesan Rollatini
- 1 cup fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 14 .5-ounce can crushed San Marzano or fire-roasted tomatoes 5 or 6 fresh basil leaves, torn into small pieces
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 thin (1/8-inch-thick) chicken cutlets (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 6 ounces shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg white
- Cooking spray
- Instant polenta, for serving (optional)
Position a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat to 450 degrees F. Cook the broth, garlic, tomatoes and basil in a skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Cover to keep warm.
Season the chicken with salt and pepper; place smooth-side down on a work surface. Sprinkle with the parsley and mozzarella. Starting at the short end, roll up to enclose the filling. Secure with a toothpick.
Mix the parmesan and breadcrumbs in a shallow dish. Put the egg white in another dish and beat until foamy.
Mist a cast-iron skillet with cooking spray. Dip the chicken rolls in the egg white, then coat with the breadcrumb mixture. Place in the skillet, seam-side down. Sprinkle with any remaining breadcrumbs and mist with cooking spray. Bake until cooked through, about 20 minutes. Serve with the tomato sauce, and polenta, if desired.
Per serving: Calories 355; Fat 14 g (Saturated 7 g); Cholesterol 105 mg; Sodium 848 mg; Carbohydrate 15 g; Fiber 2 g; Protein 44 g
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos
Thank you! your flag was submitted.