Coconut Fish Sticks
- 1 1/4 pounds pollack or cod fillets, cut into 1-inch-thick strips
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup jarred mango chutney
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 lemons (1 juiced, 1 cut into wedges)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups breadcrumbs (preferably panko)
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- Vegetable oil, for frying
Combine the flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste in a shallow bowl. Beat the eggs with 1/4 cup water in another shallow bowl. Mix the breadcrumbs, coconut, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a third shallow bowl. Drain the fish, then coat each piece in the seasoned flour, dip in the egg mixture and roll in the breadcrumb mixture. Set on a rack until ready to cook.
Put the broccoli in a microwave-safe bowl with 3 tablespoons water, cover with plastic wrap and microwave until tender, 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat 1/2 inch vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, fry the fish sticks until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Serve with the broccoli, lemon wedges and chutney sauce.
Per serving: Calories 701; Fat 40 g (Saturated 16 g); Cholesterol 161 mg; Sodium 715 mg; Carbohydrate 49 g; Fiber 5 g; Protein 36 g
Photograph by Christopher Testani
More Recipes and Ideas:
Grilled Whole Mediterranean Fish with Aged Sherry-Vinegar-Tarragon Vinaigrette, Hawaiian Fish Lettuce Wraps, Jamie's Coconut Cake, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipes, Stuffed Pork Chops Recipes, Broccoli Casserole Recipes, Beef Wellington Recipes, Roasted Turkey Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.