- For the frosting:
- 6 ounces white chocolate, finely chopped
- 3 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- For the cake:
- Basic Vanilla Cake, baked and cooled
- 15 chocolate sandwich cookies or other cookies, chopped
Make the frosting: Put the white chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring, until smooth; let cool slightly. Beat the butter, vanilla and salt in a large bowl with a mixer on medium-high speed until smooth, about 1 minute. Add the melted white chocolate and beat until combined. Gradually beat in the confectioners' sugar until smooth.
Assemble the cake: Place 1 cake layer on a platter; spread 1 cup frosting on top and sprinkle with 1/2 cup chopped cookies. Top with the second cake layer. Cover the whole cake with the remaining frosting, then press the remaining cookies into the sides.
Photograph by Levi Brown
Thank you! your flag was submitted.