"Greek Salad" Penne
- Kosher salt
- 12 ounces penne pasta (preferably spinach-flavored)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into -inch strips
- 1 15 -ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, rinsed and chopped
- 5 cups baby arugula (about 3 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- Freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese (about 3 ounces)
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook as the label directs. Reserve 1/2 cup cooking water, then drain.
Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a Dutch oven or large pot over medium-high heat. Add the bell pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender, about 3 minutes. Add the chickpeas, garlic, red pepper flakes and 1/2 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until the garlic is lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
Add the olives, pasta and the reserved pasta cooking water to the pot; cook 1 minute. Remove from the heat and stir in the arugula and oregano until wilted. Season with salt and pepper. Top with the feta and drizzle with olive oil.
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Magazine
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray