Grilled Chicken Salad With Gazpacho Dressing
- Cooking spray, for the pan
- 1 pound chicken cutlets
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 slices crusty bread
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 1/2 seedless cucumber, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 8 cups baby arugula (about 8 ounces)
- 1 15 -ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
Preheat a grill pan over medium heat and lightly coat with cooking spray. Sprinkle the chicken with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Grill until well marked and cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes per side; transfer to a plate. Add the bread to the pan and grill until toasted, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and rub with the garlic.
Make the dressing: Puree the olive oil, vinegar, 2 tablespoons water, half each of the cucumber, tomatoes, parsley and almonds, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste in a blender until smooth.
Cut the chicken into strips. Tear the bread into bite-size pieces. Combine the arugula, chickpeas, chicken, bread and the remaining cucumber, tomatoes, parsley and almonds in a large bowl. Add half of the dressing, season with salt and pepper and toss. Divide among shallow bowls. Drizzle with the remaining dressing.
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Magazine
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay