Pesto Pork With Polenta
- 2 cups fresh parsley leaves (about 1 bunch)
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves (about 1 bunch)
- 2 1/2 cups coarsely chopped scallions (about 2 bunches)
- 4 cloves garlic (2 whole, 2 thinly sliced)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon, plus juice of 2 lemons
- 1/4 cup plus 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 14 -ounce tube prepared polenta, sliced
- 1 pound baby spinach
Place a rimmed baking sheet in the lower third of the oven; preheat to 450 degrees F. Make the pesto: Pulse the parsley, basil, scallions, whole garlic, Worcestershire sauce, lemon zest and the juice of 1 lemon in a food processor. With the motor running, add 1/4 cup olive oil. Refrigerate 3/4 cup of the pesto for Risotto with Pesto and Peas.
Coat the pork with 1/4 cup of the remaining pesto. Mix the remaining 1/2 cup pesto in a small bowl with 1 tablespoon hot water and the remaining lemon juice; season with salt and pepper.
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork and brown all over, about 4 minutes. Transfer to the hot baking sheet and roast until a thermometer registers 145 degrees F, about 15 minutes. Meanwhile, cook the polenta as the label directs.
Heat the remaining 1/2 tablespoon olive oil in the skillet over medium heat. Add the sliced garlic and cook 1 minute. Add the spinach, 3 tablespoons of the pesto mixture and 1/4 cup water; cook, stirring, until wilted, 3 minutes. Slice the pork; serve with the polenta, spinach and remaining pesto mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos
More Recipes and Ideas:
Pork Tenderloin Nachos with Mornay Sauce, Avocado-Corn Relish, Charred Jalapeno and Goat Cheese, Rum and Cola Cured Pork Tenderloin, Herb Roasted Pork with Honey Dijon Mustard, Pork Recipes, Pork Butt Recipes, Polenta, Pork Roast Recipes, Pork Loin Recipes, Pork Tenderloin Recipes