Roasted Pork and Potatoes With Creamy Applesauce
- 1 1/2 pounds small red-skinned potatoes, halved
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- Dash of freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin, cut into 4 pieces
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Toss the potatoes and bell pepper with the thyme, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste in a shallow baking dish. Transfer to the oven and roast until the potatoes are slightly tender, about 20 minutes.
Pat the pork dry and season with salt and pepper. Heat the remaining 1/2 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork and sear until browned on all sides, about 6 minutes. Transfer the pork to the baking dish with the vegetables and continue to roast until a thermometer inserted into the center of the pork registers 145 degrees F, 15 to 20 more minutes. Transfer the pork to a cutting board and let stand 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with the roasted vegetables and creamy applesauce.
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos
Recipe courtesy Food Network Magazine
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay