Sardine Salad Sandwich
- 2 3 .75-ounce cans oil-packed skinless, boneless sardines, drained
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 slices whole-grain bread, toasted
- Bibb lettuce, sliced tomato, sliced cucumber and alfalfa sprouts, for topping
Combine the sardines, celery, red onion, mayonnaise, dill, lemon juice, lemon zest, mustard, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste in a large bowl. Mash well with a fork.
Sandwich the sardine salad between the bread slices along with the lettuce, tomato, cucumber and sprouts.
Photograph by Kang Kim
Thank you! your flag was submitted.