Sauteed Chicken Breast with Artichokes and Peppers
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each )
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 onion, halved and sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves stripped
- 1 1/2 cups jarred marinated artichokes, drained and patted dry
- 1/2 cup jarred roasted red peppers, sliced into strips
- 2 tablespoons dry vermouth
- 1 cup chicken broth, homemade or low-sodium canned
- 1 to 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley leaves
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat; add the olive oil. Season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste. Lay the chicken skinned side down in the skillet and cook, turning once, until golden, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to a baking dish or roasting pan and bake just until firm to the touch, about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, add the onion, garlic, thyme to the skillet and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally, until brown, about 5 minutes. Add the artichokes and peppers and cook until brown as well, about 3 minutes. Add the vermouth and stir with a wooden spoon to scrape up the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Simmer until the vermouth is syrupy, then add the broth and bring the mixture to a full boil. Simmer until the sauce thickens, and season with salt and pepper. Whisk in the butter and add the parsley. Pour the sauce over the chicken, and serve.
Copyright 2004 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Tandoori Spiced Chicken Breast with Grilled Tomato Jam and Herbed Yogurt Sauce, Sticky Figgy Chickie (Stuffed Chicken Breast), Pan-Roasted Chicken Breasts with a Chasseur Sauce, Baked Ham Recipes, Easy Lunch, Easy Casserole, Artichoke Dip Recipes, Latin American, Fried Chicken Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.