- 1 pound prepared pizza dough, at room temperature, torn into pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for the parchment paper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon anise seeds
- 1 tablespoon orange-flower water (or 1/4 teaspoon each grated lemon zest and orange zest)
Combine the pizza dough, olive oil, melted butter, sugar, sesame seeds, anise seeds and orange-flower water in a food processor; pulse until the ingredients are incorporated and the dough gathers around the blade. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly oil the parchment. Form the dough into a ball and pat into a 6-inch disk on the parchment. Cover with a large bowl; let rise in a warm place until airy and spread into a flat round, 1 hour, 30 minutes to 2 hours.
Put an upside-down baking sheet in the oven and preheat to 400 degrees F. Remove the bowl from the dough; put the baking sheet with the dough on the hot baking sheet in the oven and bake until golden, about 15 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 300 degrees F and continue baking until the bread sounds hollow when tapped, 15 to 20 more minutes. Let cool slightly before slicing.
Photograph by Christina Holmes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.