Sour Cream Coffee Cake
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 packed tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- Generous pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- Generous pinch ground mace
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, plus more for the pan, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
In a standing mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or with an electric hand-held mixer, cream the butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing until incorporated. Mix the vanilla with the sour cream. Add the flour mixture in 3 parts to the butter mixture, alternating with the sour cream in 2 parts until just combined.
Spread half the batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle with half the streusel. Spoon the remaining batter on top and spread it out with a spatula. Scatter the remaining streusel over the top of the batter. Bake the coffee cake for 1 hour and about 10 minutes, or until golden brown and a tooth pick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool on a rack for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
Copyright 2001 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.