Three-Cheese Bacon Pizza
- 1 pound prepared pizza dough, at room temperature
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 8 -ounce can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (about 4 ounces)
- 1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese (about 4 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
Put a pizza stone or inverted baking sheet on the lowest oven rack and preheat to 475 degrees F for at least 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, roll out the dough into a 9-inch round on a lightly floured surface. Lightly dust a pizza peel or another inverted baking sheet with flour; lay the round of dough on top and set aside.
Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring, until crisp, about 6 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Combine the tomato sauce, olive oil, garlic and oregano in a medium bowl; season with salt and pepper.
Slide the dough directly onto the hot stone or baking sheet and bake until lightly golden and puffy, about 7 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly, then carefully slice the crust in half horizontally with a serrated knife to make 2 thin crusts.
Turn the crusts cut-side up. Spread with the sauce mixture, then top evenly with the mozzarella, cheddar and bacon. Slide the pizzas back onto the hot stone or baking sheet; bake until the cheese melts and the crust is golden, about 8 more minutes. Sprinkle with the parmesan.
Photograph by Sam Kaplan
Thank you! your flag was submitted.