- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 1 small green pepper, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 pound ground lamb (or ground beef)
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper
- Flour tortillas
- Lemon wedges, to serve
Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Pulse the garlic in a food processor to mince it. Add the onion and pulse to chop, then add the green pepper and pulse to chop. Add the lamb, tomato paste, tomatoes, parsley, cumin, cayenne, and salt and pepper; process until everything is very well chopped. The consistency should be wet and pasty, like hummus. Spread a thin layer of the meat mixture onto flour tortillas all the way to the edge. Bake directly on the oven rack for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the edges are browned and the meat is cooked through. If the tortilla begins to inflate in the oven, pop it with a fork from the top. To serve, squeeze some lemon over the top, fold the pizza into quarters, and eat out of hand.