Fresh Fettuccine with Roasted Chicken and Broccoli Rabe
- 1 pound broccoli rabe, trimmed, stalks cut crosswise into 3-inch pieces
- 1 (9-ounce) container fresh fettuccine pasta
- 1 (14-ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 cups shredded roasted chicken (from 1 roasted chicken)
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the broccoli rabe and cook until crisp-tender, 2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the broccoli rabe to a large bowl of ice water. Once cooled, drain broccoli rabe and set aside. Add the fettuccine to the same pot of boiling water and cook until just tender, about 2 minutes. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of cooking liquid.
Meanwhile, bring the broth and lemon juice to a boil in a heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Boil until the broth reduces by half, about 5 minutes. Add the chicken and simmer just until heated through, about 2 minutes. Add broccoli rabe to the chicken broth and stir to combine. Add the pasta, 1/2 cup of Parmesan, pine nuts, parsley, oil, and lemon zest. Toss to coat, adding some of the reserved cooking liquid, 1/4 cup at a time, to moisten. Season the pasta with salt and pepper, to taste. Mound the pasta into bowls and serve. Sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis
Recipe courtesy of Aaron McCargo Jr.