Herbed Lamb Chops with Homemade BBQ Sauce
- Barbecue Sauce:
- One 15-ounce can tomato sauce or tomato puree
- 1/2 packed cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 cinnamon stick or a pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1 small onion, peeled and quartered, root end left intact
- Lamb Chops:
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 pound baby lamb chops (8 or 9 chops)
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons herbes de Provence
For the barbecue sauce: Place the tomato sauce, sugar, vinegar, tomato paste, balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, salt, cinnamon stick, garlic and onions in a medium saucepan. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until thick, about 1 hour. Cool for 30 minutes. Remove the onion, garlic and cinnamon stick and discard. Refrigerate until ready to use (for up to 1 week).
For the lamb chops: Place a grill pan over medium-high heat or preheat a gas or charcoal grill. Spray the grill with vegetable oil cooking spray. Sprinkle the chops on both sides with the salt and pepper. Drizzle with the oil and sprinkle the herbes de Provence on both sides. Grill for 2 to 3 minutes on each side until medium-rare. Cool for 5 minutes and serve with the barbecue sauce.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Fire Roasted Baby Lamb Chops with Smoked Paprika-Orange BBQ Sauce, Spice Rubbed Lamb Chops Hoisin and with Grilled Bok Choy Salad, Spice Rubbed Lamb Chops with Green Beans, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipes, Stuffed Pork Chops Recipes, Beef Wellington Recipes, Barbecuing, Grilling Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.