Italian Egg and Pasta Scramble
- 1/2 cup orzo pasta
- 10 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ounces smoked mozzarella, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 ounces pancetta, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 8 thin asparagus stalks, trimmed, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces
Melt the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the pancetta and saute until crisp and golden, about 5 minutes. Add the onion and saute until tender, about 2 minutes. Add the asparagus and saute until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Add the orzo and stir to coat. Add the egg mixture. Using a rubber spatula, stir the mixture until the eggs are softly set, about 4 minutes.
Transfer the egg mixture to a serving bowl and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.