- 6 ounces thinly sliced pancetta, chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup dark beer
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons mild-flavored molasses
- 6 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (15-ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Cook the pancetta in a heavy large oven-safe pot over medium heat until crisp, about 8 minutes. Add the onions and garlic, and saute until the onions are translucent, about 5 minutes. Mix in the beer, tomato sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, molasses, mustard, salt, and pepper. Stir in the beans. Bring to a simmer. Transfer to the oven and bake, uncovered, until the bean mixture bubbles and thickens slightly, stirring occasionally, about 45 minutes.