- 4 chicken thighs with skin and bones
- 2 chicken breasts with skin and bones, halved crosswise
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons Chili Oil, recipe follows
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted, coarsely chopped green olives
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons drained capers
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- Chili Oil:
- 2 cups olive oil
- 4 teaspoons dried crushed red pepper flakes
Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a heavy large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes per side. Remove the skillet from the heat. Stir in the garlic, olives, 3 tablespoons of parsley and capers. Add the wine. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer until the chicken is just cooked through, turning occasionally, about 10 minutes.
Transfer the chicken mixture to a platter. Spoon the sauce over. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon of parsley and serve.Chili Oil:
Combine the oil and crushed red pepper flakes in a heavy small saucepan. Cook over low heat until a thermometer inserted into the oil registers 180 degrees F, about 5 minutes.
Remove from heat. Cool to room temperature, about 2 hours. Transfer the oil and pepper flakes to a 4-ounce bottle. Seal the lid. Refrigerate up to 1 month.
Yield: 2 cups
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Inactive Prep Time: 2 hours
More Recipes and Ideas:
Spicy Chicken Wings, Spicy Chinese Five-Spice Rubbed Chicken Wings with Creamy Cilantro Dipping Sauce, Spicy Chicken with Peppers and Basil, Thai Chicken Recipes, Chicken Chili Recipes, Teriyaki Recipes, Sesame Chicken Recipes, New York Strip Steak Recipes, Turkey Breast Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.