- 4 chicken thighs with skin and bones
- 2 chicken breasts with skin and bones, halved crosswise
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons Chili Oil, recipe follows
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted, coarsely chopped green olives
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons drained capers
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a heavy large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes per side. Remove the skillet from the heat. Stir in the garlic, olives, 3 tablespoons of parsley and capers. Add the wine. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer until the chicken is just cooked through, turning occasionally, about 10 minutes.
Transfer the chicken mixture to a platter. Spoon the sauce over. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon of parsley and serve.
- 2 cups olive oil
- 4 teaspoons dried crushed red pepper flakes
Combine the oil and crushed red pepper flakes in a heavy small saucepan. Cook over low heat until a thermometer inserted into the oil registers 180 degrees F, about 5 minutes.
Remove from heat. Cool to room temperature, about 2 hours. Transfer the oil and pepper flakes to a 4-ounce bottle. Seal the lid. Refrigerate up to 1 month.
Yield: 2 cups
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Inactive Prep Time: 2 hours