Veronica's Potato Salad
- 3 medium russet potatoes (about 2 1/2 pounds total)
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus additional olive oil, if necessary
- 1 pound good-quality hot dogs, pierced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
Boil the potatoes whole until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and cool to room temperature. Peel and cut potatoes into bite-size pieces, discarding potato skins.
Put the hot dogs into a hot grill pan and cook until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Cool the hot dogs to room temperature, then cut them crosswise into bite-size pieces.
Toss the potatoes, parsley, basil, and olive oil in a large bowl. Season the potato salad with salt and pepper, to taste. Add the hot dogs to the salad and toss. Season to taste, adding additional olive oil if the salad seems too dry. Serve the salad at room temperature.
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis