Grilled Sirloin Steak with Summer Vegetable Ragout and Steak Fries
- Tomato Mushroom Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallots
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 2 blue foot mushrooms, sliced (substitute white mushrooms or shiitake mushrooms)
- 1 cup demi-glace
- 6 sun gold tomatoes, halved (substitute: any yellow cherry tomato)
- 6 sweet 100's tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon whole butter
- 1 Idaho potato
- 1 cup raw spinach
- 1 red onion, julienned
- A1 Ranch Dressing, recipe follows
- 8 ounces grilled sirloin steak
- A1 Ranch Dressing:
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup A1 steak sauce
- 2 tablespoons pommery mustard
- Salt and pepper
DirectionsTomato Mushroom Sauce:
Tomato mushroom sauce: Saute the garlic and shallots in olive oil until tender, about 4 minutes. Add the corn, mushrooms, and demi-glace and bring to a simmer. Reduce by 1/4. Add tomatoes and remove from heat. Swirl in whole butter and add salt and pepper, to taste.
Tom's Steak Fries: Place potato in salted, cold water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for approximately 20 minutes. Drain and cool potato. Quarter and deep-fry until golden brown. Season with salt and pepper.
To assemble dish: Place grilled steak in the center of the dish. Spoon vegetables and sauce over the steak. Top with spinach and onion and drizzle with A1 dressing.A1 Ranch Dressing:
Mix together all of the ingredients, to taste.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Clyde's of Georgetown
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen