- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground sausage
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, plus more for garnish
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan, plus more for garnish
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 12 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- Olive oil
- 4 cups red sauce, heated
- Small potato buns (slider size), toasted
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
Mix the beef, sausage, onions, garlic, thyme, parsley, egg, Parmesan, breadcrumbs, ricotta and salt in a bowl together with your hands (like mixing play dough). Form 1 1/2-inch inch balls out of the meat mixture. Heat a large ovenproof skillet (preferably cast iron) with a bit of olive oil. Add the meatballs and brown on all sides, about 3 minutes. Place the skillet in the oven to finish cooking, 5 to 7 minutes.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.