Individual Quick English Trifle
- 4 1/2 ounces (135 grams) raspberry gelatin
- 8 (1-centimeter) slices ready made sponge or Madeira cake
- A good glug sweet Sherry
- 15 ounces (425 milliliters) ready made custard
- 6 ounces (175 grams) tinned mandarins
- A few drops vanilla extract
- 1/2 pint (275 milliliters) double cream ( heavy cream), lightly whipped
- A small block good quality chocolate
Make the gelatin by following the instructions on the side of the packet. Pour into a dish and leave. Once the gelatin is set, roughly chop.
Put 2 pieces of cake into the bottom of each glass. Drizzle with the sherry and pour half of the custard over the cake and sherry. Spoon the gelatin over the custard, and then add the mandarins. Cover with the rest of the custard, drizzle with a little vanilla, and cover with the whipped cream. Scrape the chocolate with a sharp knife for shavings to top the lot.
Recipe courtesy Jamie Oliver