Johnsonville Italian Sausage Lasagna
Sponsor Recipe Courtesy of Johnsonville®
Johnsonville Italian Sausages make it simple to enjoy authentic Italian flavor. This classic lasagna dish is made so much easier when you['ve got Johnsonville backing you up. The flavor of the Italian sausages will help to make this recipe your new lasagna favorite!]
- 1 package (16 ounces) Johnsonville Italian Ground Sausage (or links, decased)
- 12 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jar (24 ounces) marinara sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cartons (15 ounces, each) ricotta cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1. In a skillet, cook sausage, onion and garlic until pork is no longer pink and onion is tender; drain.
2. Add marinara sauce and oregano; simmer for 5 minutes.
3. In a bowl, combine ricotta cheese, egg, ¼ cup Parmesan and spinach.
4. In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish, spread 1 cup meat sauce.
5. Arrange 3 noodles over sauce.
6. Spread one-fourth of the ricotta cheese mixture over the noodles, top with 1 cup of meat sauce.
7. Sprinkle with ½ cup mozzarella cheese. Repeat process 3 times.
8. Top with remaining Parmesan cheese.
9. Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 40-45 minutes.
10. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.