- 12 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 16oz pkg Johnsonville® Italian Ground Sausage
- 1 med onion
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 24oz jar marinara sauce
- 4 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups fresh spinach, lightly packed and chopped
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp dried oregano
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta until al dente. Drain, lightly oil and set aside.
In a medium sauce pan, saute the sausage, crumbling with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink. Add onion and garlic and continue sauteing for another 4 minutes until the sausage is cooked through.
Top with 3 lasagna noodles. Spread 1/4 of the ricotta cheese mixture on the noodles and layer on 1 cup of the sauce mixture. Sprinkle 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese over this. Repeat this process three more times starting with the noodles and finish with the remaining 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese. Sprinkle with oregano.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and bake for 45 minutes until hot and bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.