- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 8 pieces and lightly pounded
- Coarse salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest (I use a rasp)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, for dusting
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, cut into 8 wedges
Season chicken generously with salt and pepper on both sides. Place egg whites in a shallow dish or plate. Whisk in cheese, parsley, and lemon zest. Dredge each chicken piece through the egg mixture, shaking off excess, and set in flour. Shake the plate so chicken pieces get coated, turn chicken over and repeat. Shake off all of the excess flour. Lay on a cookie sheet lined with parchment and set next to stove.
Heat oil in a 12-inch non-stick pan over medium high heat. When hot but not smoking, add chicken and cook, turning once, until golden and cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Serve with lemon wedges.