Chocolate Soup with Raspberry and Hazelnut Salad
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 pound bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup raspberry liqueur (recommended: Framboise)
- 1/2 pint raspberries
- 2 tablespoon hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, thinly sliced
- Small pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons raspberry liqueur (recommended: Framboise)
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) sweetened whipped cream, for garnish
- Small piece bittersweet chocolate to shave, for garnish
DirectionsGanache for the soup: Raspberry Salad: For the ganache:
In a small saucepan bring the cream, butter, and sugar to a boil. Remove from the heat and stir in the chopped chocolate so that it melts completely. Stir in the raspberry liqueur. Let the ganache cool to room temperature and reserve.
For the salad:
Gently combine the raspberries, hazelnuts, mint, small pinch of salt and raspberry liqueur.
In a wide, shallow soup bowl pour about 3 ounces of the room temperature ganache to fill a shallow pool in the bottom of the bowl, about 1/8-inch deep. Place a nice spoonful of the raspberry/hazelnut salad in the center and garnish with a small spoonful of whipped cream and shaved bittersweet chocolate. Top with chopped hazelnuts as well.
Recipe courtesy Michael Chiarello
Recipe courtesy of Mario Batali