Pesto Crushed Potatoes
Chef Note: You can use store-bought pesto here. You will want about 1/2 cup.
- 1 cup lightly packed fresh parsley leaves
- 3 cups lightly packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup pure olive oil
- 3 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic, divided (about 2 cloves)
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 pound small Yukon gold potatoes
Prepare a bowl of ice water. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Put the parsley and basil in a fine mesh strainer and plunge into the boiling water, pushing the leaves down into the water and stirring so they cook evenly for about 15 seconds. Remove and plunge directly into ice water. Drain immediately, squeeze dry and roughly chop.
In a large pot filled halfway with cold salted water add the potatoes. Bring potatoes to a boil and simmer until a small knife can pierce through the center without resistance. Drain potatoes through a colander.
In a large non-reactive mixing bowl add potatoes and crush gently with a fork, add in the pesto and remaining pine nuts and mix to coat the crushed potatoes evenly. Check for seasoning, serve and enjoy.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.