- 3 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 medium onions, peeled and chopped
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 pounds yams, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) dried apple rings, cut in quarters
- 1 1/2 cups (8 ounces) pitted prunes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) dried pears, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) dried apricots, cut in half if large
- 1 cup (4 ounces) dried sweet cherries
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) dried sour cherries
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups orange juice
- 2 cups white wine (sweet or dry)
Place the carrots, onions, sweet potatoes, yams, dried apples, prunes, dried pears, dried apricots, and dried sweet and sour cherries in the insert of a 5 1/2 to 6 quart slow cooker. Stir to mix. Sprinkle the brown sugar and cinnamon on top. Pour in the orange juice and wine and add enough water to cover. Cover and cook on HIGH for 10 to 11 hours, or until the vegetables are very soft. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Note: If you are concerned if the oils or other ingredients in these recipes are suitable for Passover, seek non-dairy substitutes or ingredients that are certified kosher for Passover.