- 4 large, crusty Keiser rolls
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 pound salami, chopped
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 8 slices fresh mozzarella
- 8 slices vine ripe tomato
- 8 fresh basil leaves, torn or sliced
Heat the oven to 325 degrees F.
Split the Keiser rolls favoring the bottom half a little. Scoop a little of the white soft insides out of the bottoms.
Season the ricotta with a little salt and pepper. Stir the salami and grated cheese into ricotta. Fill the rolls with the ricotta and salami. Cover the ricotta with mozzarella, tomato and basil. Set covers in place and bake to heat through 10 to 12 minutes. Cut and serve.