- 1/2 loaf baguette bread - day old is fine
- 4 pieces chicken breast halves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- All-purpose flour, for dredging
- 1 large egg
- Several sprigs fresh thyme, leaves finely chopped
- 2 to 3 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves finely chopped
- A handful fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- Olive oil, for sauteing cutlets
Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Tear bread into pieces and place on baking sheet. Toast bread until deep golden brown, 10 minutes. Transfer to a food processor and coarsely grind into bread crumbs.
While bread toasts pound out chicken breasts to 1/4-inch thick. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Coat chicken with flour, reserve. Beat egg with splash of water in shallow dish.
Transfer bread crumbs to a plate and season with herbs and poultry seasoning.
Heat a thin layer of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Coat chicken in egg then bread crumbs and add to pan. Saute until golden and firm, 3 to 4 minutes on each side.