- 1/2 loaf baguette bread - day old is fine
- 4 pieces chicken breast halves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- All-purpose flour, for dredging
- 1 large egg
- Several sprigs fresh thyme, leaves finely chopped
- 2 to 3 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves finely chopped
- A handful fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- Olive oil, for sauteing cutlets
Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
While bread toasts pound out chicken breasts to 1/4-inch thick. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Coat chicken with flour, reserve. Beat egg with splash of water in shallow dish.
Transfer bread crumbs to a plate and season with herbs and poultry seasoning.
Heat a thin layer of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Coat chicken in egg then bread crumbs and add to pan. Saute until golden and firm, 3 to 4 minutes on each side.