- 1/4 cup (a couple of glugs) dark molasses
- 3 tablespoons (3 splashes) balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons (3 turns around the bowl in a slow stream) extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves finely chopped to equal 2 tablespoons
- 1 navel orange, zested
- 4 (1-inch thick) boneless, center cut pork chops
- Montreal Steak Seasoning
- Coarse salt and pepper
- Sun-dried Tomatoes and Potatoes, as an accompaniment, recipe follows
- Orange and Oregano Salad, as an accompaniment, recipe follows
Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl with whisk or fork.
Pat chops dry with paper towels and rub with seasoning. Turn chops in marinade and let stand 15 minutes.
Season chops with steak seasoning.
Grill chops on indoor electric grill preheated to high for 6 to 7 minutes on each side, or pan fry over medium high heat for same time under a loose tin foil tent in a nonstick skillet.
Serve chops with Sun-dried Tomatoes and Potatoes and Orange and Oregano Salad.
Sun-dried Tomatoes and Potatoes:
- 2 ounces (1 cup loosely packed) sun-dried tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds red skinned very small potatoes, quartered
- 3/4 pound broccoli, cut in to florets
- A handful of parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons (2 turns around the pan) extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Simmer the chopped sun-dried tomatoes and quartered potatoes 10 minutes in just enough water to cover.
During the last 3 minutes of the cooking time on the potatoes, add the broccoli florets. Drain and return plumped tomatoes and cooked potatoes to the warm pan to dry out. Dress tomato-potato combo with parsley, oil, salt, and pepper.
Yield: 4 servings Preparation time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 10 minutes