- 1 large, firm eggplant
- Salt and pepper
- Grill seasoning blend (recommended: McCormick Montreal Seasoning)
- 1 cup semi-soft garlic and herb cheese (recommended: Alouette or Boursin)
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano, a couple of handfuls
- A few grinds black pepper
- 6 to 8 soft sun-dried tomatoes, chopped (tender sun-dried tomatoes are available in small pouches in produce department)
- 2 cups arugula leaves, chopped
- 1 cup basil leaves, chopped
Heat a grill pan over high heat. Thinly slice the eggplant, a minimum of 18 slices. Season with salt, pepper and grill seasoning blend. Grill the thin slices to tenderize the eggplant, 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Combine the cheeses, black pepper and sun-dried tomatoes. Top each slice of cooked eggplant with a dab of cheese and some arugula and basil then roll up. The eggplant roll ups should have a few greens sticking out of both ends.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.