- 1 box prepared gingerbread mix, prepared to package directions for cake
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 orange, zested
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups powdered confectioners' sugar
- Shaved crystalized ginger, for garnish
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Divide prepared cake mix into nonstick muffin tins and bake for 20 minutes. The batter will make 8 to 10 muffins, depending on the size of your tin. Turn muffins out of tins to quick cool.
Beat cream cheese, pumpkin, nutmeg, orange zest and vanilla with hand mixer at medium speed. Beat in sugar until frosting is fluffy. Frost cupcakes and top with crystalized ginger.