- 1 pound linguini
- 1 pound medium to large shrimp deveined and peeled, tails removed
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- Couple pinches red pepper flakes
- 1/2 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 sprigs oregano, finely chopped
- Handful pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine, eyeball it
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 cup feta cheese crumbles
Place a large pot of water on the stove to boil. Salt water and cook pasta to al dente.
Season the shrimp with salt and pepper.
While the pasta water comes to a boil, heat extra-virgin olive oil in a deep skillet with garlic. When garlic is brown, remove and reserve. Add shrimp and cook 3 to 4 minutes. Add red pepper flakes, lemon zest, oregano, olives, and wine and cook together a couple of minutes more. Remove from heat. Add a ladle of starchy pasta cooking water to sauce and some lemon juice. Remove the sauce from the heat. Drain pasta and add to the skillet. Let pasta soak in juices for a minute then toss with parsley and feta. Use tongs to pull pasta from skillet, giving it a turn to twist in as many ingredients as possible. Then, use the tongs to remove and arrange the shrimp and ingredients that may remain in the pan, distributing them evenly among the portions.